Okay, I realize this is a few days late, but better to post now than never, right? I thought I'd start this off by talking about my Christmas and what a wonderful time I had. Because I really did have a spectacular and very blessed Christmas. :) The orchestra concerts that I talked about flew by, and were excellent to have right before Christmas. They were so much fun and a great success! Tomorrow begins my first orchestra rehearsal of the year, which I know is a little soon, but I'm looking forward to it because I loooove orchestra!! :D
Christmas this year (last year, I should say) was full of joy, peace, excitement, food, friends, family, music, laughter, and.... PRESENTS! :D Here is a list of some of the great presents I got, just cause I thought you'd like to know. ;) And cause they're oh so cool!! :D
1. Lots and lots of candy and chocolate.
2. Fuzzy pajamas.
3. A cross necklace from my sister, a snowflake necklace from my mother, and a pair of earrings from my grandma.
4. An earring making set.
5. A giant makeup set.
6. A miniature sock monkey that I named Lewis in honour of C.S. Lewis. :) I got the bigger monkey for Christmas last year, and he still remains nameless. :P
7. Piano music! :D
8. A beautiful pen with my name engraved on it. ^_^
9. A digital pocket dictionary.
10. These books, by the one and only Mr. S, founder of the OYAN curriculum, which has produced my own two novels. ^_^
11. The first book of "The Hunger Games." My copy isn't quite as elaborate as this, but it's lovely all the same. I've already read through the entire thing. :)
12. The DVD for the OYAN Summer Workshop 2011 in Kansas, that I reeeaaallly want to go to this year!!
13. And one of the most exciting gifts of all.....
I'm so happy about this!! It's 3 seasons of Doctor Who (seasons 2, 3, and 4), all with David Tennant! :D I'm halfway through the 3rd season at the moment.
I think that's all my presents! There may be a few missing from there, but I think you get the picture. Needless to say, I got some really nice stuff. Christmas was awesome and I feel so incredibly blessed! Now... to move on to New Years.
I spent New Years with the family at home, eating yummy food, playing games, and waiting for the countdown. At the stroke of 12, we all went outside and made a bunch of noise, banging pots and pans, all that fun stuff. We stayed out in the freezing cold for about 20 minutes, before retreating to the indoors and trotting off to bed.
The last day of 2011 wasn't much to speak about. It was a little... depressing, actually. But I DID come up with some resolutions/prayers for 2012.
1. Read through the entire Bible.
2. Strive to become a more faithful Christian and glorify God in everything I do.
3. Get a real job.
4. Be more diligent with my schoolwork.
5. Speak openly to at least 2 unbelievers about Christ.
6. Be more optimistic.
7. Be more content.
8. Read all the books on my shelf.
9. Be more creative with my blog posts.
And that should do it! *wipes sweat off of forehead* Wow, this blog thing is getting exhausting! But I shall continue to do it. I shall persevere.
In case you hadn't noticed, school officially started today. It feels like I've only had a week off of school! But really, I've only had about TWO weeks off, and that's not much at all. So, I'm diving into my schoolwork without fully being ready. Fun, huh?
I'm trying to think of a grand ending to this post, but... nope. Nothing's coming. I shall just end with saying this: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :D And God bless you in the year to come!