Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happiness Overcomes Stress

Hello, my fellow bloggers and critical readers! I see you have left many comments for me, making my decision to put my story up an easy one! Okay, SINCE you were so kind, I shall ask again. Would anyone like me to post my short story? Please comment below, in the little comment box thingy, expressing either your desire or your repulsion for such a thing as that.


Today I'm going to be weird and not talk about what the title means until close to the end. So, stay tuned! I have some very exciting news, and if anyone cares to read further, it MUST be any and all of you Oregonians. :)


Last Monday, as you know, was Halloween. Although, we like to refer to it as Reformation Day, the day when we celebrate Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the door of the Church of Wittenburg. My church had their annual celebration on this night, while hundreds of children around us trick-or-treated and celebrated the gathering of candy. We, Christ Covenant Church, had our own method of getting candy, however. Several booths were set up, with games for the kids and even some for the ambitious adults. I helped my friend Katelyn with a game called the "Holy Do Nots." The objective was to name the 8 Commandments in the Bible that are "Do Not..." or "Thou shalt not..." and then you would win a donut. It was surprising how many people couldn't remember the Commandments, even some of the adults!


Reformation Night lasted for three fun-filled hours. We had warm blueberry crumble, donuts, and the kids ate lots of candy on top of that and were bouncing off the walls. xD Fiddle music was playing in the background, but when they announced that Reformation Night was officially over, an upbeat song broke out on the loud speaker, making the cleanup part fun and dance-worthy. :D


You have made it to your destination! I will now talk on a subject that relates to the title, and how very exciting and happy news overcame the general stress of my life. First, the stressful part of it. Currently I am doing a thing called NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 words in the entire month of November. It's actually not as stressful as I'm making it out to be because I'm doing surprisingly well! It's been one week and I'm already almost to 12,000 words! :D But it can get stressful at times, especially when I start getting behind and life catches up to me.


But, anyway, on to the news!! Oregonians, are you ready? :) I. am. going. to. OREGON!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D This weekend, for a very special friend's wedding! Her name is Rebekah U. and she's getting married to Benjamin F!!!! I'm so happy for them and even MORE happy that I get to come to their wedding!! All of you people following me that go to the RCC church..... I WILL SEE YOU THERE!!! :D


Oh, and one more thing. Here's a link to my brother's blog again. The poor guy only has 3 followers and he has such awesome posts and pictures! They can't go to waste! If you wish it, follow him. He would love you forever! :)
http://jdsk8photography.blogspot.com/


~Julia, your extremely excited and hyped up blogging friend~ :D

2 comments:

  1. Your going to Oregan!?! How exciting!Send my congrats to Rebekah with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I would like to read your story!!! =)Please post it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a short blurb here or even a long one and you will be rewarded with a smile! I hope to be inspired by your awesome comments. :)